Mercedes-Benz launched the facelifted E-Class in the Indian market, two months ahead of its original schedule. The luxury sedan was unveiled internationally a few months back and the German luxury car maker has wasted no time to launch the most popular luxury sedan in India.
The car will be available in two variants: E 250 CDI Avantgarde diesel and E 200 CGI petrol. The price of the new E 200 CGI (Petrol) is Rs. 41.50 lakh and the price of E 250 CDI Avantgarde (Diesel) is Rs 44.48 lakh. There are also 100 units of limited edition of E 250 CDI priced at Rs 49.90 lakh. All Prices are ex-Showroom Delhi.
Mercedes-Benz is offering only two engine options as compared to four when the E-Class made its debut a couple of years back. The car is loaded with a lot of equipment and safety.
Some pointers from the official launch:
- 2000 new parts & components used in the new E-Class
- E-Class is the highest sold luxury sedan in India ever, with 23,000 units sold
- Features Intelligence Assistance Systems comprising: Eco Start Stop, Intelligent Lighting System, Active Park Assist, Reversing camera, Attention Assist, COMAND online, Tyre pressure loss warning system, Hill Start Assist, Adaptive Brake Light with HOLD function
- Exemplary Mercedes-Benz safety reinforced with 8 Airbags, ABS with Brake Assist, Acceleration Skid Control, Active Bonnet for enhanced pedestrian safety, Adaptive High Beam Assist, Pre-Safe
- Embodies Mercedes-Benz’s new aggressive design idiom, is efficient, intelligent, sporty and emotionally appealing
- New ‘Four Eyed’ identity – new flowing light elements within the full LED headlamps and LED tail lamps, make for an unmistakable night design. All functions are realized using LEDs, some of them with fibre optics
- First time for the E-Class: Integrated Star in the central grill
- Stunning new interiors with a new trim line “open pore ash wood”: First in luxury sedan segment in India. Special treated brushed open pore oakwood gives the new E-Class a modern and stylish ambiance. Brushed oakwood as a natural matt finish is used for contemporary high end furniture and interiors with a handcrafted look & feel. ARTICO leather upholstery, an elegantly designed dashboard, high-grade trim materials and excellent workmanship
- Multi-function steering wheel with gear shifting paddles as standard