Chevrolet India has launched the Beat LPG in India. With the fuel prices sky rocketing this is a good step from the company. Chevrolet which launched the Beat in 2010 has not been very successful and sales have been declining due to immense competition.
However with the LPG fuel potion Chevrolet expects more buyers as the petrol prices are soaring and will be a good option for daily commuters who prefer fuel efficient cars.
The Beat LPG is priced at 4.10-4.53 lakh rupees (ex-showroom Mumbai). The Beat LPG is fitted with the SMARTECH engine displacing 1.2-liters, developed for the Indian market.
Two versions of the LPG Beat – the LS and LT – are offered. Both come with the same industry-first three-year/100,000-kilometre warranty as the petrol version and offer the lowest service/maintenance/parts cost for three years/45,000 kilometres
Beat LPG features
* The LPG kit is intelligently placed in the engine compartment, hence consuming lesser space and giving enough room for the passengers.
* The cabin space is not affected due to LPG kit and hence passengers can enjoy the same space as Beat petrol.
* High Pressure LPG pipes made of High Strength Nylon.
* At 13.29 kmpl in LPG mode (Certified by ARAI), it stands first in its class for mileage.
* Power – 80.4 PS@6400rpm
* Torque – 104Nm@4400rpm
* Beat automatically shifts from LPG to petrol if you run out of fuel
* Less weight
* No power loss
* No jerks and backfires which means smoother hassle-free transition from petrol to LPG and back.
* Better routing control and no kinking.
* No chance of inside/outside corrosion for life.