Also in Bardez taluka, along the eastern border near Adlona village, Corjuem fort was built in 1705. Corjuem Fort is situated 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) from the village of Aldona on the river island of Corjuem.
The fort is open to the public every day of the week from 6.00 am to 7.00 pm
Its most interesting story concerns one of its soldiers, a women called Ursula e Lancastre, who disguised herself as a man and served in the army.
Though she was eventually arrested, her story has a happy ending – she married her captain.
What else to see at Aguada Fort
- Corjuem Island
- Aldona Village
- Aldona Cable bridge