BMW India unveiled the face lifted 7 Series at a event in Jodhpur. BMW was the Luxury Mobility Partner of Jodhpur One World Retreat held from 8 – 10 March 2013. The retreat was a gathering of prominent personalities and leaders who lent their support to the Indian Head Injury Foundation headed by Maharaja Gaj Singh II of Jodhpur.
The star attraction on the second day was the exclusive preview of the new BMW 7 Series. The closed room event was attended by His Highness Maharaja Gaj Singh II, legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, actress Dia Mirza, industrialist Pawan Munjal and socialite Suhel Seth along with a distinguished gathering.
The official launch of the 7 Series is expected to happen in the next couple of months. The sedan will be assembled in the Indian market and comes with updated exterior and interior styling. On the outside the car is equipped with new Adaptive LED headlamps with corona rings and nine slats chrome grille, revised front bumper which looks elegant compared to the previous version, new LED indicators under the mirrors and a thin chrome strip connecting the two slim reflectors in the rear apron. The new BMW 740i/Li and 750i/Li are equipped with standard Adaptive Xenon headlights.
Interior design combines a driver-focused cockpit with a first-class cabin. The seats are more slender which offer the best possible ergonomics, optimum lateral support and long-distance comfort. The 7 Series comes with
- New Bang & Olufsen Surround Sound System
- New-generation navigation system with dictation function, voice memos and voice control, Split-screen display with more detailed guidance views
- Enhanced Active Cruise Control brakes to a halt if required
- Active Protection which monitors the driver’s behavior at the wheel
- BMW Parking Assistant which takes charge of maneuvering into parking spaces
- Hands-free trunk opening which makes access a little easier
The following variants will be on sale in the Indian market:
The diesel options include: 730Ld, 740Ld, and all-wheel drive 750Ld xDrive
The petrol options on offer would be: 740Li, 750Li and the top of the line 760Li