Ford has added another feather to its Cap by winning the International Engine of the year Award. The award went to Fords 999cc 3-cylinder turbo ‘EcoBoost’ Engine. The Prestigious International Engine of the year award was held at the Engine expo 2012 in Stuttgart, Germany on June 13.
The Annual event is most respected in the Automobile fraternity and has the world’s best automotive journalist as the jurors. The Eco boost Engine also won two more awards. BMW topped the charts with 4 awards whereas the Audi/VW group and Ferrari bagged 2 awards each.
A total of 12 different awards were given at The International Engine of The Year ceremony.
The category wise list of the winners is as follows
- Engine of the year: Ford’s 999cc 3-cylinder EcoBoost Engine.
- Green Engine: GM’s 1.4 litre internal combustion Range Extender Engine.
- Best Performance: Ferrari’s 570 bhp 4.8 litre V8 engine
- Best New Engine: Ford’s 999cc 3-cylinder EcoBoost Engine
- Sub 1-Litre Engine: Ford’s 999cc 3-cylinder EcoBoost Engine
- 1 to 1.4 litre Engine: VW 1.4 TSI twin-charger Engine.
- 1.4 to 1.8 litre Engine: BMW’s 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbo Engine co- developed with PSA Peugeot Citreon.
- 1.8 to 2 litre Engine: BMW’s 2-litre twin turbo four-cylinder Engine.
- 2 to 2.5 litre Engine: Audi’s 2.5-litre five cylinder turbo Engine from the TT RS.
- 2.5 to 3 litre Engine: BMW’s 3 –litre bi-turbo six-cylinder Engine.
- 3 to 4 litre Engine: BMW’s 4-litre V8 Engine from the M3.
- Above 4 litre Engine: Ferrari’s 570bhp 4.8 litre V8 Engine.