Honda Amaze launch is nearing and so is the excitement about the product details. The company may be very late to enter the diesel segment but Honda is leaving no stone unturned to showcase its engineering prowess to its customers.
The Amaze diesel sedan is going to be offered with a 1.5 i-DTEC turbo diesel engine which develops around 100 Ps of power @ 3600 rpm and more than 200 Nm of Torque. The engine is all aluminum, compact and light weight which means we can expect very high fuel efficiency. Other engine option will be the 1.2 petrol motor which is also available on the Brio.
With the Amaze the Japanese car maker will enter a new segment which is dominated by the Swift Dzire and to ensure the company make a big impact from day one it is taking the following steps:
- Customer research and profiling by senior executives
- Quick service, road-side assistance, maintenance package of two years or 40,000 km, extended warranty
- Cost of maintenance is low
- Sending mailers and calling prospective clients to confirm if they are receiving all the teaser mails
- Calling exiting Honda customers
- Measure to avoid waiting periods and disappoint customers by keeping a large inventory
The big question is the price. We expect the Amaze to be priced very competitive and may even undercut the Dzire to woo the Maruti customers who have been waiting for months to get car.
Another factor is that the car is based on the Brio platform and also the diesel engine will be manufactured in India at its Tapukara plant in Rajasthan while, the car will be rolled out from its Greater Noida plant. Many parts are borrowed from the hatch which has a localization level of 85%.
Expect the prices to start under Rs. 5 lakhs for the petrol and around Rs. 5.85-5.95 lakhs for the base diesel.
Image Source: TeamBHP