Hyundai India has launched an all new Fludic Elantra at a starting price of Rs. 12.51 lakhs. As reported by us earlier, Hyundai has priced the sedan aggressively with the diesel variant starting at Rs. 12.91 lakhs. The car had already been unveiled at the Auto Expo in January, however the car showcased was not in its final spec. The Fluidic Elantra is available in 3 petrol and 4 diesel variants. The prices mentioned below are only introductory and may increase by up to 30k over a couple of months.
The price-list is as follows:
Hyundai Elantra petrol
VTVT S – 12.51 lakhs
VTVT SX – 13.74 lakhs
VTVT SX AT – 14.74 lakhs
Hyundai Elantra diesel
CRDi 1.6 – 12.91 lakhs
CRDi S – 13.64 lakhs
CRDi SX – 14.85 lakhs
CRDi SX AT – 15.85 lakhs
All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
- The Fluidic Elantra is available in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol variant uses a 1.8 litre DOHC engine that produces 147.5 BHP of power @ 6,500 rpm and 177 NM of peak torque @ 4,700 rpm. The diesel variant on the other hand, uses the same 1.6 litre CRDi unit that we’ve seen on the Verna, which produces 126.2 BHP of power @ 4,000 rpm and 259NM of peak torque @ 2,750 rpm.
- Both petrol and diesel variants come with an option of a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission. The Automatic variants however will be available only in the top-end spec.
- Both the petrol and diesel variants are exceptionally fuel-efficient – 22.70 kpl for the 1.6 diesel variant and 16.30 kpl for the 1.8 petrol variant. All figures are ARAI certified.
- Hyundai is advertising the new Elantra as the “Signature of success”; we hope the strap-line works its way out to make the fluidic Elantra the segment leader.
- Like all other Hyundai’s, the Elantra too is feature packed – features such as keyless entry, alloy-wheels, ABS, airbags, etc. are standard across all variants.
- The fluidic sedan is available in six-colour options – Maharajah Red, Sleek Silver, Phantom Black, Twilight Blue, Coral White and Bronze.
Premium features include
- Dual Zone FATC with cluster ionizer
- Cruise control
- Power Driver seat with Electric lumbar support
- Smart key with Push button start
- Ventilated front seats
- Rear AC vents
- Rear seat Audio controls
- Electric Folding & heated ORVMs
- Electro-chromic mirror with rear view camera
- Rear parking sensors
- Solar glass
- Auto headlight control
- Steering mounted audio control with Bluetooth
Safety features include:
- Electronic Stability control
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Six Airbags
- Hill Hold control
The new Elantra will compete with the likes of the Volkswagen Jetta, Corolla Altis, Skoda Laura, Chevrolet Cruze, Renault Fluence and the soon to be phased-out Honda Civic. Hyundai India has already received more than 750 bookings and expects the number to double, once the Elantra hits the dealerships.
Stay Tuned to Goa On Wheels for more details on the Elantra.