India’s largest car maker is battling hard to meet the demand while the second largest car maker Hyundai India is planning to launch 15 cars in the next 5 years in an attempt to protect and boost its market share that is under pressure due to increasing competition.
Hyundai has made a steady progress in the hatchback segment and the with the launch of the new small car Eon sales numbers will only increase. The other cars like the i10, i20 and the Santro are doing very good numbers.
Hyundai advanced the launch of its all new Fludic Verna which has done wonders for the brand.
“The excitement in the market is derived out of only new models and the facelifts, so you have to be continuously working towards it,” said Arvind Saxena, vice-president sales and marketing, Hyundai India.
So which are the new models expected soon from Hyundai?
1) Cost-saving LPG variant of the newly launched Eon prompted by rising petrol prices.
2) Elantra an executive sedan positioned above Verna to take on likes of Chevrolet Cruze and Honda Civic.
3) The current highest seller i10 will get a diesel heart expected in 2012
4) The i20 facelift expected in 2012
5) The all new Sonata expected in 2012
6) The replacement for Tuscon the ix35
7) Hyundai H Wagon a luxurious MPV
We have listed only a few new models expected in the next 2 years in India. Other models we speculate will be the all new i10 and i20 besides we also feel Hyundai may launch the ix20 in India.