The Employee’s Federation of India – EFI has issued a joint press statement on behalf of the following industry bodies:
- EFI – Employers Federation of India
- CII – Confederation of Indian Industry
- FICCI – Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- ASSOCHAM – Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
- NHRDN – National Human Resource Development Network
- AIOE – All India Organization of Employers
- SCOPE – Standing Conference of Public Enterprises
- NIPM – National Institute of Personnel Management
We offer our heartfelt condolences to his wife Suparna and his other family members, and our best wishes for a speedy recovery to those injured. While pledging our solidarity to do all that is in our power to ensure that such tragedies do not recur, we also want to place on record our commitment to work with the concerned authorities in ensuring that the investigations are conducted quickly and in a fair manner, and the guilty are brought to book under the laws of the land.
The killing of Awanish Kumar Dev and the accompanying violence, will remain a blot on the country’s image and, going forward, every Indian should endeavor to ensure that such barbaric acts are never repeated.
The progressive work culture in India’s shop floors has been admired worldwide, and India’s reputation as an investment destination must be protected.
Statement from Mr. Sharad Patil, Secretary General, EFI:
“EFI condemns violence in any form as a means of settling a grievance. There is an urgent need to co-create a Charter on Employee Relations through an eco-system comprising Employers, Employees, Trade Unions, Government and Civil Society to ensure a violence free workplace.”
For further information please contact:
Mr. Sharad Patil
Secretary General, Employers’ Federation of India
Phone: 2284 4093/ 4232
Fax: 2284 3028