As Mahindra gets ready for the overhaul of its Reva sub-brand, Team-BHP member Haridbc140 (Hari Krishnan) brings us some juicy details on what to expect from the Indian manufacturer at the launch event.
We had reported earlier this week that the NXR has been renamed as the ‘e2o’ (pronounced ‘Ee-too-oh’) and is expected to be launched soon. Hari, who got a chance to test-drive the vehicle, confirms this news and tells us that the launch will happen sometime in February. Mahindra has already set its men to gauge some pre-launch feedback from the public and is giving a few lucky-ones a chance to test-drive the car.
Here’s what Hari has to say about his brief encounter with the e2o:
- The e2o is excellent to drive and is quite easy to manoeuvre around.
- It’s hard to tell whether the car is switched on or not. The e2o is extremely silent at all times; just what you expect of an electric car.
- On the inside, you get a huge digital-speedometer that also displays vehicle related information such as – battery strength, distance covered, etc.
- The e2o can be started, locked and unlocked through a smartphone. You also get a start-stop system as standard.
- To unlock the e2o, from the inside, you just have to tap on the ignition switch.
- The test-car wore Hankook tyres; the showroom spec however could differ on this.
- The e2o will be available in two-trim levels – A/C and Non A/C.
- The top-end spec will offer air-conditioning, electric-windows, alloy-wheels and a 2-DIN music system.
- Expect a February launch for the e2o, at an ex-showroom (New Delhi) price of Rs. 5,50,000.
[SOURCE: Haridbc140 of Team-BHP}