Mahindra recently announced the launch of the compact SUV which will be under sub four metre codenamed as S101 to rival the Ford EcoSport. The first spy pics have also surfaced thanks to Autocar India once again to revealing the close to new look render of the upcoming compact SUV from Mahindra.
Important facts about the new Mahindra S101
- To be built on a monocoque chassis and will measure under four metres
- To be powered by new family of engines: 1.2 petrol & 1.5 diesel engines. The diesel engine could be borrowed from Mahindra Quanto
- Will be available in front drive only
- Seating option includes 5 or 6 seats. Autocar reports of a 8 seater configuration under consideration
- Front row to accommodate 3 seats
- To be loaded with features and gadgets
- To target younger buyers
- Price under Rs.5 lakhs
- Launch 2014-15
Mahindra is betting on the compact SUV segment which has been the fastest growing and is more likely to be the choice for customers which looks for space and high seating position.
In terms of design the S101 compact SUV could borrow a lot of cues from the XUV5OO.
Mahindra is certainly living upto its tag line Live Young Live Free.
Image Source: Autocar India