German luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz has today introduced a more powerful version of the G-Class SUV called the G-G63 AMG in India.
Priced at Rs. 1.46 Crores (ex-showroom Mumbai), the G 63 AMG will be sold as a completely built-up unit (CBU). The SUV is powered by a twin-turbocharged AMG 5.5 litre engine that produces a maximum output of 400Kw (544 hp) and 760Nm of peak torque. This engine is mated to AMG’s seven-speed 7G-Tronic transmission with standard Eco start/Stop functionality. Mercedes claims that the SUV benefits exclusively from a brake energy recuperation system that contributes to better fuel economy. While no figures were shared with us, it doesn’t take a fortune teller to tell you that it will a single digit figure.
The G 63 is capable of doing a 0-100 kph sprint in just 5.4 secs and with an electronically limited top speed of 210 km/h, it is also the world’s fastest SUV.
The iconic design of the G-Wagen has remained unchanged since inception (1979), only with a few tweaks to make it look more contemporary. That said, the G-Class comes loaded with technology and is perhaps one of the most sophisticated SUV’s in the market today. The SUV replaces the earlier G55 AMG that was launched in 2010 and here’s a list of changes between the two.
What has changed on the Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG:
- New AMG radiator grille with chromed twin louvers
- New AMG Wheel-arch flaring V8 Bi-Turbo logo
- New AMG exhaust system with twin chromed side tailpipes
- New AMG 5 Twin spoke light alloy wheels in Titanium Grey with red painted brake calipers
- New LED Day time running lights
- New Standard-fit Exterior stainless steel package
- New Illuminated AMG stainless steel door sill panels
- Leather trimed dashboard
- Leather Seats with AMG detaling and stiching
- New Multi-function steering wheel
- Anthracite Alcantra inserts on dashboard
- Updated COMAND user-interface with navigation
Stay tuned to Goa On Wheels for more pictures from the launch!