Nissan launched the refreshed March in Thailand. The March known as the Micra in India gets a new look which shed the feminine appearance and gets a more aggressive design. The new design looks contemporary and adds more style to the hatch.
The Micra gets updates on the exterior and interior.
Exterior features include:
- Black and chrome two-tone design with eye-lined chrome accent headlamps
- New V-shape chrome with e Bee-hive pattern front grille
- New design 15-inch alloy wheels
- Revised front bumper with sporty design and chrome strip
- New housing for fog lamps with chrome accents
- Rear spoiler with high-mounted stop lamp for safer drive
- LED combination tail lamp
- Re-designed rear bumper
On the interior the centre console gets black treatment which we feel is a good decision giving the car a sporty feel. The music system also gets updated.
Another important technical upgrade is the XTRONIC CVT gear transmission which makes it way on the Micra (To be launched in India also).
Other features include:
- Dual SRS airbags
- ABS / EBD / BA
- Reverse sensors
- Intelligent Key with push button start
- Automatic Air conditioner
- New Steering mounted audio controls
With sales averaging around 2000 units, Nissan may keep the cost competitive and could also use this opportunity to launch a new lost cost variant with fewer features. Under the hood the car will be powered by a 1.2 litre petrol and 1.5 diesel engines which are currently available on the Micra.
Expect the Indian launch to happen in a couple of months.