Royal Enfield will launch the all new Thunderbird 500 in August. The company has unlived the concept at the 2012 Autop Expo and announced the launch to be in the second half of 2012. The Thunderbird cruiser has earned its self a good fan following in the cruiser category and with 500cc the bike will attract even more buyers who are wanting that extra bhp and torque to cruise on long highways.
The bike is expected to carry a price tag of 1.5 lakhs plus and will come a host of new features.
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 features
- Black finished engine
- Completely redesigned seat which offers better seating posture
- New design handle bar for better reach and ergonomics
- Lock mechanism for the seat
- Bungee hooks,useful when cruising towards long destinations
- Royal Enfield logo on the all new foot-pegs
- New headlight with a 55w projector lamp for its low beam and a 55W halogen bulb for the high beam
- New design mirrors and the LED tail lamp.
- Royal Enfield logo on the all new foot-pegs, new design mirrors and the LED tail lamp
- 500cc Unit Construction Engine (UCE)
- 41mm thick forks in front and an oval section swingarm at the rear to allow the rider to handle the additional power.
- A rear disc brake
We hope Royal Enfield brings the black matte finish paint scheme on the Thunderbird 500 as shown at the 2012 Auto Expo.
So are ready to Thump????