Suzuki has given the Grand Vitara some boost with a new facia and many more updates which are largely confined to the exteriors. The Grand Vitara is also known as Escudo in Japan.
The new features include:
- Redesigned front grille with twin-bars in the shape of wings
- Tweaked bumper that gains black trim,
- Black headlamp bezels and new alloy wheel styles
- Rear spare wheel goes under the body the license plate holder moves up
- The interior gets some treatment which includes new upholstery
The Grand Vitara has not tasted the same success the Swift or any other model in the Indian market. The absence of a diesel engine is one of the biggest hindrances for the Grand Vitara which has seen sales see single digit numbers only.
The facelifted model will launched as a 2013 model across the world and could hopefully see an Indian debut either end of this year or early next year.
The Suzuki Grand Vitara is powered by a 2.4 litre VVT petrol engine which produces 163.5bhp@ 6000 rpm and max torque of 225Nm@4000 rpm. The transmission options include a 5 speed manual and 4 speed automatic gear box.
The SUV gets a all time 4×4 mode and returns a decent 10.41 kmpl.
We expect Maruti Suzuki to launch the Grand Vitara with a diesel engine and price it aggressively to take on the likes of the Captiva and other five seater SUVs in the Indian market.