India’s first compact sedan Tata Indigo eCS sets a new endurance record and entered the Limca Book of Records with a remarkable feat of a non-stop nation-wide mileage run; touching all four gateways – from Koteshwar in West to Kibithu in East, from Kashmir in the North to Kanyakumari in the South, crossing 19 states and union territories, covering 14,000 kms in just 15 days.
In February 2012, Tata Motors flagged-off an epic journey of a non-stop, nation-wide mileage & endurance run to challenge the Tata Indigo eCS in its efficiency and endurance.
Tata Motors and the Autocar India team have been associated with KPMG to validate the results of mileage and the endurance drive, by tracking distance on GPS. 13 auto experts from Autocar India drove the robust Tata Indigo eCS, through challenging terrains and in different climatic conditions, pushing the mean machine to its limits and deservingly earned it a national record in the Limca Book of Records.
- Best fuel economy recorded: 41.14 kmpl
- Average fuel economy: 18.7 kmpl
- Total time spent behind the wheel: 342 hours
- Longest time spent in the car at a stretch: 96 hours
- Maximum distance covered in a single stretch: 998 km
- Average distance covered in 24 hours: 933.8 km
- Lowest temperature driven in: -4°C
- Highest temperature driven in: 48°C