Tata motors had successfully bedazzled everybody’s mind at the launch of the Nano, -(nano is not Tata’s flagship car). –
Tata Motors has gone one step ahead now, with the addition of new features and most importantly a much need power steering. The new variant is called Nano Twist. Tata has not just raised the bar here, it seems like they have demolished the scale altogether. The Nano Twist besides a power steering comes in its own signature colour an exciting new Damson Purple with luxurious barley beige interiors and chrome accents. The interiors are more sporty complete with a new gearshift console.
Key features of the Nano Twist are
- New ‘Electric Power Assisted Steering’ (EPAS), backed by brushless motor technology and Active Return feature
- New stylish instrument cluster with Trip Computer and Driver Information System
- Seamless connectivity with Bluetooth for streaming music
- Remote keyless entry for safety and comfort
The new Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) system comprises of a steering column-mounted brushless motor and an ECU (Electronic Control Unit), which helps the driver steer the Nano Twist with ease, irrespective of the road conditions.
The EPAS in the Nano Twist has an ‘Active Return’ feature – which returns the steering wheel back to its straight-ahead position, as soon as the wheel is released. This is achieved by providing a calibrated return torque through the system. This self-centering action gives drivers confidence and stability at higher speeds thus delivering a great drive experience in city traffic.
The Nano continues to be powered by the same 624cc petrol engine and develops 38PS power, 51 Nm torque
The interiors get a twist too,
- Remote keyless entry
- Lockable twin glove boxes
- Ffour-speaker AmphiStream™ music system with Bluetooth™, USB and auxiliary connectivity.
A new instrument cluster which houses
- Trip computer
- Driver information systems with a bright daytime and night-time Amber display
- Digital clock
- Distance to empty (DTE)
- Average fuel efficiency (AFE) readouts
- an LED fuel gauge and a coolant temperature gauge.
The new design elements on the Nano Twist :
- A new gearshift console ensures better accessibility to the driver
- power assist driver and passenger window switches
- New seat and door pad upholstery, with new and luxurious beige interior fabrics
- a new rear parcel shelf with speakers
- a newly designed air extractor grille
After reading about all these technological advancements on a Nano, one thought must have most certainly hit your think tank…. “India’s most affordable car isn’t gonna be light on pocket any more”.