Toyota will launch the all new Camry sedan in the Indian market by August. The Japanese company had showcased the new Camry at the 2012 Auto Expo. Unilke the current generation Camry which is bought in India via CKD route, the new Camry will be assembled in India. The new Camry could be priced competitively this time as compared to the previous current generation and should be atleast 3-4 lakhs cheaper.
Toyota is investing almost Rs. 900 crore towards capacity expansion at its Bidadi factory, which would take its overall capacity to 310,000 units by next year. “Our plan is to start assembling the car in July and launch it in August,” said Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director (sales and marketing), Toyota Kirloskar Motor Ltd. “It will be priced above Rs 20 lakh but we will share the exact price only during the launch.”
The Camry will continue to be offered in the petrol variant and will get a 2.5 litre engine mated to a 6 Speed A/T with sequential shit.
Toyota sold around 300 units of the Camry in a year.
New Toyota Camry specifications
|Engine Type||Dual VVT-i Petrol, 4 Cylinder inline, 16 valve DOHC|
|Max Power output||181Ps (133KW) @ 6000 rpm|
|Max Torque output||231Nm (23.55 Kg-m) @ 4100 rpm|
|Transmission Type||6 Speed A/T with sequential shit|
- Dual Zone auto A/C with rear A/C vents
- Integrated Touchscreen with DVD,USB, Aux and Bluetooth
- Audio, MD & Bluetooth Telephone controls on steering wheel
- Smart entry system with Start/Stop push button
- HID Headlamps with Auto levelling & washers
- 6 way power driver & passenger seat
- Clearance & Back sonar (Reverse parking sensors)