The Made in India, made for India Ameo share its platform with the Polo hatchback and is currently available in petrol engine only.
German luxury car manufacturer commences deliveries of the Ameo, the first sub 4-metre sedan by the brand. The bookings for Volkswagen Ameo started along with its first roadshow on May 12, 2016.
The Ameo was launched in Goa in the month of June and was also previewed during the new dealership opening.
Volkswagen inaugurated its new dealership Volkswagen Goa in April.
The compact sedan is priced aggressively at Rs. 5.24 lakhs (Ex showroom Goa) for the base petrol.
Key features of the Volkswagen Ameo compact sedan:
- Cruise control (1st in segment)
- Rain sensing wipers (1st in segment)
- Anti-pinch power windows – Front & Rear (1st in segment)
- Front center arm rest (1st in segment)
- Static cornering light (1st in segment)
- Driver & Passenger airbag (standard in all variants)
- ABS (standard in all variants)
- Rear view camera with parking sensors
- Touchscreen multimedia music system with Mirror link, I-pod connectivity, phonebook / SMS viewer
- “Climatronic” automatic AC with dust & pollen filter
- Electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs with LED turn indicators
- Cooled glove box
- Auto dimming IRVM
- Tilt & telescopic steering wheel
- Alloy Wheels
- Rear AC vents