Volkswagen has launched the compact, efficient and powerful 1.4 TSI engine in the Jetta for the Indian market. The German car maker has gone against the rising petrol prices and launched the Jetta Petrol which is fuel efficient yet a powerful sedan.
Furthermore, Volkswagen has ensured that this carline is an absolute value for money for every petrol customer with its Trendline priced at Rs. 13.60 lakhs, ex showroom New Delhi and Comfortline at Rs. 15.07 lakhs. ex showroom, New Delhi.
TSI is a pioneering technology of petrol engines by Volkswagen. TSI engines are compact, high powered and use less fuel thereby successfully implementing the downsizing concept. The Volkswagen TSI engines are designed to deliver maximum torque from engine speeds as low as 1500 rpm. That is good for both driving pleasure and fuel economy.
This is achieved by combining Direct Petrol injection and intake of high compress air with the use of turbocharger thereby giving high fuel efficiency.
The Vehicle Outline:
The Jetta TSI is equipped with 1.4Litre, 4 cylinder TSI engine with a maximum power output of 90 Kw @ 5000rpm and a maximum torque of 200 Nm @1500-4000 rpm with a 6 Speed Gear Box in manual transmission.
The new generation Jetta comes with an entirely new design and is 90 mm longer than its previous generation thereby making it more comfortable for the passengers. The interplay of its exterior dimensions generates a powerful ratio of proportions. In parallel, the all new Jetta “design DNA” sharpens its style. This has resulted in clear precise lines and muscular surfaces, which give the Jetta an image of timeless elegance and dynamic styling.
The Exterior is equipped with:
- “Navarra” alloy wheels 205/55 R 16 tyres
- Rear Fog lights
- Side turn signal lights integrated in exterior mirrors
- Dual exhaust pipes
The designers and engineers have also crafted the interior right down to the last detail; the quality and perfection in details decisively go beyond boundaries. The extended wheelbase of the new Jetta has enabled a rear seating layout that is significantly more comfortable.
The very wide rear window offers excellent visibility and simultaneously emphasizes its dynamic lines. Its interplay with the C-pillars, as striking as they are elegant, and the clearly sculpted shoulder section, produces a design that is extremely dominant, generating a strong and powerful presence.
The interior is equipped with:
- Leatherette seat upholstery
- Leather package for steering wheel, gear shift knob, hand brake grip
- Front center armrest with storage box
- Storage compartments on headliner
- Rear AC vents for comfort
- Lockable and illuminated glove compartment
- Multi-function display “Plus”
Comfort and Convenience
On comfort the car has a number of unique, thoughtful touches. It is equipped with:
- RCD 300 Plus music system with CD player
- Aux-in & 8 speakers
- Park distance with acoustic warning
- Climatic air conditioner
- Front seat with height adjustment for better visibility
Safety and Security
Advanced occupant safety is one of the key features of the all-new Jetta which comes equipped with:
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
- 6 airbags
- Front seat belt with height adjustment and seat-belt tensioner
- Central locking with 2 remote control folding keys
- 3-point belt for center rear seat
- Electronic engine immobilizer
- Engine and transmission guard
- Hill hold control
The Jetta TSI will be offered in 6 different colours:
- Candy white
- Reflex silver
- Toffee braun
- Deep black pearl
- Platinum grey
- Moon Rock Silver