Audi will launch the A8L 4.2 TDi on the 3rd of August in the Indian market. The Audi A8L 4.2 is powered by a 4.2-litre V8 cylinder diesel engine with common rail injection system and exhaust gas turbocharging that produces 350 PS of power and a massive 800 Nm of torque which is available from 1750–2750 rpm. The engine is mated to 8-speed Tiptronic Transmission. The claimed fuel economy of the A8L 4.2 TDI is 13.1 kmpl. The engine also does duty on the Audi Q7 SUV.
The Audi A8L 4.2 gets the quattro® permanent all-wheel drive.
The Audi A8 is also available in the following engine options:
A8 L 4.2 FSI quattro
A8 L 3.0 TDI quattro
A8 L W12 quattro
The A8L 4.2 TDi may borrow features from the A8 L W12 quattro with standard LED headlight units with all lighting functions performed by LEDs,
Other features include
- Single-frame radiator grille with integral grid structure has a high – gloss black paint finish and special chromed horizontal bars
- Chromed inserts of new design in the air inlets, and chromed applications on the exterior mirrors
- Reclining seat behind the front passenger’s seat with massage functions and a foot rest on a power-adjustable support at the base of the front passenger seat back
- Heating, ventilation and the luxury head restraint are integral features.
- A folding table, additional wood and leather trim, a refrigerator and a Rear Seat Entertainment system with two 10.2-inch screens are among the features that promote relaxed travel or alternatively concentrated work in this mobile lounge.