Located almost 13 km from Panaji, the capital city of Goa is the Sinquerim Beach. Small yet popular and clean beach with dolphin spotting trips, shacks with good food and chilled beer and the Sinquerim Fort overlooking the sea.
Although it does get a little crowded during season time due to tourists visiting the Aguada Fort, it is quieter and peaceful on the other days of the year and should be visited.
Things to do on Sinquerim Beach
- Near this beach is the most famous Aguada a Portuguese Fort that was built in the earlier days to defend attack from the sea route.
- This beach gets very crowded with tourists and vendors. It is not really a place for relaxing but is the best place for water sports like Jet-skiing, boating, parasailing, fishing, scuba diving and windsurfing. Boating excursions like dolphin trips and crocodile Dundee, snorkeling trips are arranged here.
- It is a very popular tourist attraction and the massive Sunburn Music Festival happens here. Held between the 27th to the 29th of December every year, Sunburn is the largest music festival in Asia and among the top 10 on earth.
- One can find a large number of tourist resorts and hotels that provide good accommodation facilities at the Sinquerim Beach. There are also a number of good restaurants situated nearby that serve some tasty dishes and drinks. It also has a lot of resorts like Taj Vivanta and Taj Holiday village resorts nearby.
- Best Time to Visit: October – May.