Bajaj Auto will launch the new 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650 in India on the 9th of August.
The Kawasaki Ninja 650 is powered by a Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, parallel twin 649cc engine with Digital fuel injection system. The engine is mated to a 6-Speed gear box which seats on a Twin-pipe perimeter design, high-tensile steel frame.
The new 2012 Ninja 650R gets a complete makeover which makes it look ultra-stylish and gets a price hike by atleast 80K over the current model. Bajaj Auto, who is responsible for sale of the Kawasaki via its ProBiking dealerships, will bring only limited numbers of the new model to begin with and the deliveries are expected to commence soon after the launch.
New features on the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R:
• Redesigned twin-pipe perimeter frame offers proper rigidity, stable handling, a low seat height and improved aesthetics
• Twin-pipe swingarm assembly offers improved rigidity and maximum style
• Redesigned exhaust system features a new connector pipe, a higher-volume 3-chamber muffler assembly for improved mid-range while maintaining peak top-end power, and a higher quality finish
• Redesigned bodywork features better aerodynamics, improved engine-heat dissipation and sharper looks that identify with the flagship ZX™-14R
• Easier-pull clutch cable design for reduced fatigue and enhanced control
• Revised suspension settings and increased wheel travel front and rear offer improved ride comfort while offering excellent compliance in varying situations
• Improved brake pads offer better braking performance and control
• New instrument cluster assembly features an analog tachometer and a digital readout module for at-a-glance information transfer to the rider
• 20mm wider handlebar offers improved rider comfort and control
All-new multi-function instrumentation includes a fuel gauge, digital speedometer, clock, odometer, dual trip meters, economical riding (ECO) indicator, and an analog tachometer above the LCD info-pod
• Redesigned 2-piece seat assembly features thicker and wider foam for improved comfort for rider and passenger
• Dunlop’s grippy yet durable Roadsmart II tires are standard
• Increased fuel capacity and more compact battery