The 8th Gen Toyota Camry will be launched on the 24th of this month. The new Camry is bigger in size and will come with a host of new features. Toyota will assemble the Camry at its Bidadi plant which means we could expect some aggressive pricing. The Camry will continue to be offered in the petrol variant and will get a 2.5 litre engine mated to a 6 Speed A/T with sequential shit.
The new Camry will have to offer higher value for money as compared to its competitors like the Honda Accord, Skoda Superb, Hyundai Sonata and the Volkswagen Passat.
Toyota plans to launch a number of limited editions of the Etios, Liva, Innova and Fortuner in the coming months.
New Toyota Camry specifications
Engine Type: Dual VVT-i Petrol, 4 Cylinder inline, 16 valve DOHC
Engine displacement: 2494cc
Max Power output: 181Ps (133KW) @ 6000 rpm
Max Torque output: 231Nm (23.55 Kg-m) @ 4100 rpm
Transmission Type: 6 Speed A/T with sequential shit
Toyota Camry Key features
- Dual Zone auto A/C with rear A/C vents
- Integrated Touchscreen with DVD,USB, Aux and Bluetooth
- Audio, MD & Bluetooth Telephone controls on steering wheel
- Smart entry system with Start/Stop push button
- HID Headlamps with Auto levelling & washers
- 6 way power driver & passenger seat
- Clearance & Back sonar (Reverse parking sensors)
Toyota has also announced a price hike of about 1-1.5% which is applicable from September on all its products.