Land Rover has pulled the wraps of the all new Range Rover which is larger and lighter. The Range Rover is the most capable and most luxurious Land Rover yet and the fourth generation takes it only further. The new model comes with all-aluminium unibody structure is 39 percent lighter than the steel body in the outgoing model. That makes the Range Rover lighter by atleast 300 Kgs.
The Range Rover will continue to offer a choice of V8 engines in the North American market, mated to new eight-speed ZF automatic transmissions.
Some pointers of the 2013 Range Rover
- Land Rover Introduces the Next Generation of the World’s Most Iconic Luxury SUV
- Unmistakably a Range Rover, a modern interpretation of iconic design cues
- Legendary Land Rover off-road capability with transformed on-road handling and agility
- Lighter, stronger and more refined. The world’s first SUV with an all-aluminum unibody structure
- Weight savings of up to 926lbs (420kg) when compared to the outgoing model delivers improved fuel economy and reduced CO2 emissions. A US specification V8 model is approximately 700lbs lighter than similarly equipped outgoing model
- A more spacious and luxurious interior provides a truly composed motoring experience for all occupants. Rear legroom increases 4.7 inches
- Adaptive dynamics suspension system further refines ride quality
- Enhanced all-terrain performance with the introduction of a new fully automatic Land Rover “Terrain Response 2 Auto system
- Designed and engineered in Britain at Land Rover’s development centers throughout the UK
- Manufactured in a new aluminum production facility at Land Rover’s Home in Solihull, United Kingdom
The all-new Range Rover will be available in over 160 markets worldwide, with North American customer deliveries scheduled to start in December 2012. We can expect the 2013 Range Rover to make it in India by early 2013.
Read Full press release here:2013 Range Rover revealed