Ford has launched the new Figo in Goa. There was no launch event similar to the one held for Figo Aspire. The Figo hatch shares the same platform with the Figo Aspire sedan and is similar from the outside minus the boot.
Key highlights of the car
- Comes equipped with standard driver airbag across all trims; the only hatchback in India to offer up to six airbags for an all-around protection
- Available with a choice of powerful yet efficient petrol and diesel engines delivering 18.16 Km/L and 25.83 Km/L respectively
- Available with a 1.5 TiVCT petrol engine which develops 112 PS with PowerShift automatic transmission
- First in segment with advanced connectivity solutions like MyFord Dock and SYNC with Ford AppLink to keep drivers conveniently connected to their digital lives
- Best-in-class wheelbase of 2,491 mm, offering outstanding legroom, knee room and shoulder-room; Class leading Ground-Clearance of 174 mm; Fold flat rear seats providing considerable space
The new Figo is very different from the older sibling and will be entry model Ford in India.
Exteriors feature Ford’s signature bold trapezoidal grille and elongated headlamps, a well-proportioned tailgate, bold shoulder on both sides perfectly merges with the taillamp. Overall the design is fresh and appealing.
Inside the car comes with black interiors compared to beige available on the Aspire. With its best-in-class wheelbase of 2,491 mm, the Figo offers outstanding legroom, knee-room and shoulder-room. Figo also comes with class leading Ground Clearance of 174mm.
Figo is equipped with SYNC with Ford AppLink, Ford’s advanced in-car connectivity system. SYNC with Ford AppLink allows drivers to control their phone, entertainment and apps hands-free using simple voice commands. In India, AppLink allows drivers to access information about nearby attractions and food destinations with Explore by MapMyIndia, and stay updated with the latest cricket scores and upcoming fixtures with ESPN Cricinfo.
The Figo hatch is available in 6 trims – Base, Ambiente, Trend, Trend+, Titanium and Titanium+ and 3 engine options.
The all-new Figo is available in 7 exciting colours – Ruby Red, Sparkling Gold, Oxford White, Tuxedo Black, Deep Impact Blue, Ingot Silver and Smoke Grey.