It’s been almost 3 months since we are waiting for the price of the all new Hyundai Sonata. The company has finally updated the prices on the Indian website. One will have to pay Rs. 1,852,979 for the manual variant and Rs. 2,061,272 for the Automatic. The prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
The sonata is significantly priced higher compared to its predecessor which started at Rs. 14 Lakhs. Also there is no diesel engine option which means that one will have to also pay a higher running cost considering the petrol prices are only going upwards.
The new sedan with the Fludic design will help the South Korean car maker to enter the premium car segment. The car will compete with Honda’s Accord, Nissan Teana, Skoda Superb and Toyota Camry all which are available with petrol engine option.
The Sonata initially will be available only with 2.4 petrol engine equipped with Dual continuously Variable Valve Timing (D-VTVT). The engine develops a healthy power of 201 PS @ 6,300 rpm and decent Torque of – 250 Nm @ 4,250 rpm.
One gets to choose either a manual or automatic transmission depending on his both which are 6 speeds. In terms dimensions the car gets a long wheelbase measuring 2795 mm and a ground clearance of 155mm. The Sonata gets Ventilated discs at front and solid discs at rear.
The car is loaded with features most of which are standard in the two variants.
Some of the features include
- High Intensity Xenon headlamps with washer
- Solar Glass
- Chrome outside door handles
- Dual Chrome Exhaust
The interiors get 2-tone beige interiors plus Leather seats & trim, Leather wrapped steering wheel, Leather & metal finish gear knob and Wood finish interior inserts. Seats come with power adjustment with 10-way adjustable front passenger seat and Driver’s seat memory setting only in the automatic variant.
- Dual Zone fully automatic temperature control with Cluster ionizer
- 2-Din 6 CD changer with MP3, USB, Aux & iPod with 6 speaker system, amplifier and woofer
- Steering with audio remote & Bluetooth
- Safety features include
- Dual front airbags
- Side &curtain airbags
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Auto headlight control
- Rear parking assist system
- Electro chromic mirror
- Rear view camera
- The Automatic variant comes with some extra features like
- Cruise Control, Paddle Shifters to help shift gears at a touch, Front seat ventilation and Smart key with push button start.
Considering the new killer looks and feature list Hyundai may find a decent set of buyers who want a mix of luxury and style.