Mercedes has launched its premium MPV in India the R-Class. 2010 has been a roll for Mercedes India, with a slew of launches and ne-technologies in the form of new engines.
The R-Class or the Royal class is priced at Rs 58.7lakh ex-showroom, Mumbai. Launched internationally in 2006, the car that has been launched in India is the updated version.
The R-class will come in only one variant to begin with – the Long Wheel Base R350 4MATIC which has a 3498cc V6 petrol engine. The fully loaded car will come with bi-xenon headlamps, steel spring suspension in front and AIRmatic (Adaptive Intelligent Ride control) system featuring self-levelling air suspension in the rear to aid comfort and improve driving dynamics.
The all-wheel-drive automatic develops 272bhp at 6000rpm and 35.7kgm of torque at 2400rpm. Performance figures are impressive for a car this size – zero to 100kph in 8.4 seconds on its way to a top speed of 230kph.
The 7G-TRONIC 7-speed automatic transmission comes as standard with the R-Class. It is operated via the DIRECT SELECT lever on the steering column.
- Instrument Cluter in 3D look, with white scale background
- Rear Seat Entertainment System
- Media Interface socket in glove compartment
- Daytime driving lights and front fog lamps ringed in chrome
- Tail light featuring LED and fibre-optic cable technology
- EASY-PACK tailgate
- NECK-PRO luxury head restraints (for 1st and 2nd seat row)
- Harman Kardon® Logic 7® surround sound system
- Sliding sunroof
- EASY-ENTRY function
- “KidFix” child seat with automatic recognition and ISOFIX