Muktar Automobiles the dealer for Mahindra & Mahindra vehicles in Goa, launched the New Generation Scorpio.
The new generation Scorpio was unveiled by Mr. Arun Dessai, Director of Transport along with Mrs. Jennifer Monserrate, who is also the first owner of The New Generation Scorpio in Goa, Mr. Shaikh Umar, CEO of Muktar Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. & Mr. Dilip Mondkar, General Manager – After Sales of Muktar Automobiles Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Shaikh Umar- CEO of Muktar Automobiles Pvt. Ltd, mentioned that after successful 12 years of Scorpio, we are delighted to be associated with The New Generation Scorpio. The New Generation Scorpio is built on an all new platform and comes with contemporary, more aggressive exterior styling, luxurious blue-grey interiors and advanced technology features. Competitively priced at Rs. 8.16 lakhs (ex-showroom Goa*), the New Generation Scorpio promises to take the tough and rugged Scorpio to the next level.
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Shaikh Umar, CEO, said, “The New Scorpio will be an incredible breakthrough for our dealership, establishing the foundations for the development of an entirely new generation of vehicles from Mahindra.
The Scorpio will be available in multiple seating configurations allowing owners to choose from 7, 8 & 9 seater options to match the needs. It is now available in 5 attractive colour options (namely Diamond White, Fiery Black, Mist Silver, New Molten Red and New Regal Blue) and 7 variants (S2, S4, S4+, S6, S6+ S8, S10).
High features of the new Generation Scorpio
- New Platform including New Generation Transmission, Cushion Suspension and Anti-Roll Technology for an improved ride and handling.
- Contemporary and a more aggressive exterior styling with Dual Projector Headlamps, stylish LED eyebrows, a new imposing chrome-accented front grille, tough new road armour bumpers, , elegant LED tail lamps, and new 17-inch alloy wheels
- Advanced technology features such as the new hi-tech 6-inch Touch screen infotainment system with inbuilt GPS navigation, engine Immobilizer, tyre-tronics, anti-lock braking system, intellipark reverse assist
- Powerful 2.2 litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged mHawk engine and a new 5 speed manual transmission gearbox with improved gear shift quality for a fatigue free drive
- New luxurious blue-grey interiors and a dual shaded dashboard, well designed attractive centre console loaded with features, a futuristic instrument cluster, a new sporty steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, all new chrome-finished AC vents, along with many other features, to accentuate the premium quotient of the interiors
- Short Turning Radius of 5.4 metres
- Dual Projector Headlamps with LED Eyebrows (DRLs)
- LED Tail Lamps
- 17 inch Alloy Wheels
- Voice Assist System
- Intellipark (Reverse Assist)
- Rain and light sensors
- Panic Brake Indication
Engine & Transmission
The new Gen Scorpio will be offered in two engine options. The S2 variant will be offered with a m2DICR 4 cyl 2.5 L, 4 stroke, Turbo Charged, Direct Injection, Common Rail Diesel Engine which develops 75 bhp (55.3 kW) @ 3200 rpm max power and 200 Nm @ 1400-2200 rpm max torque.
The S4,S6, S6+,S8,S10 and AWD variants will be powered by the 2.2 mHawk 4 cylinder Engine, with Variable Geometry Turbocharger with Intercooler, 4 valves per cylinder and Common Rail Direct Injection Technology. The engine develops max power of 120 bhp (88 kW) @ 4000 rpm and max torque of 280 Nm @ 1800-2800 rpm.
Both the engines are mated to a 5-Speed gear box. The Scorpio is available with two wheel drive and four wheel drive option. One can conveniently shift from 2WD to 4WD thanks to the SHIFT ON FLY 4WD.
Prices in Goa
Images from launch
Special Thanks to HercuLes RodriGues for covering the event and sharing the images.