Tata unveiled the new Tata Safari Dicor with a minor facelift at the 2010 auto expo. The Tata Safari now comes with BSIV complaint engine.
The Tata Safari, in its model year 2010, has been made BS IV compliant and further embellished. The country’s first indigenous thoroughbred 4-door SUV now sports accentuated exteriors and refreshed interiors.
The exterior enhancements include chrome plated grill and chrome plated ORVMs. The interiors have been completely refreshed in a dual dark graphite and beige theme with tan-coloured leather upholstery and door inserts, a new instrument cluster and faux wood in the centre console.
This further enhances the attractiveness of the Safari which, in the top end version, already comes with ABS, dual airbags, reverse guide system and DVD/MP3 system with dual LCD screens. The Safari range comprises four variants in 4×2 and 4×4 versions.
- New Full chrome Grill
- New chrome OVRM’s
- New Rear Wheel cover
- New dark graphite & beige dual tone interiors
- New dark graphite & perforated tan leather upholstery
- New wood trim
The Safari has always been known for its great off-roading capability. The following features make it one of the best 4x4s in its class:
- Shift-on-the-fly 4×4 engagement.
- (Ability to engage 4 wheel drive while on the move).
- High ground clearance (205mm)
- High approach angle (31°) and departure angle (31°)
- High Ramp-break over angle (30°)
- Ability to climb steep gradients 26° Sustained gradability
- High water wading level – 300mm
- Limited slip differential to avoid tyre slippage
For More Info on click on the link: New Tata Safari Dicor