Toyota will launch the facelifted Fortuner soon after launching the new Innova in India. As per the sources the new Fortuner is expected to debut in December.
The new Fortuner will now be available in a two-wheel drive version which is going to be a cheaper variant. So we can expect the prices to start under Rs. 20 lakh (pricing is .
The changes largely include
- Large Chrome radiator grille gives the SUV a more subtle look now.
- Large Prado look alike headlamps with fog lamps getting a new housing
- New wider headlights with washers, absent in the Indian Fortuner (hopefully we may get it now)
- New design bumper front and rear bumper
- Wraparound rear taillight with chrome treatment
- Side mirrors with lights integrated
- Faux wood inserts replaced by a dark grey finish which now give the SUV a bit more upmarket feel
- Steering wheel looks better finished and resembles the old Altis Corolla. It also gets a wooden finished along with leather cover. Steering controls are also standard.
- Navigation system standard
- Leather gear shift knob with wooden finish
- Wooden door finish with leather door panels
The vehicle testing has already begun in India. So friends please keep your eyes open, you may just spot one of these new vehicles.