In Part 1 of the Skoda Fabia Scout review we spoke about the styling and exterior features. We will now look at the interiors and comfort features and see how it fares.
INTERIORS, COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
There is no much difference between the interiors of the Scout and the Fabia except for the leather wrapped steering wheel which is directly lifted from the Superb sedan. This is both good as well as bad. The reason why it is bad is obvious, because everything from the dashboard to the boot is the same as the Fabia’s, but another way at looking at it is, it retains the best in class interiors which definitely is a good thing. The Fabia gets Ivory interior with dual tone Onyx/Ivory soft dashboard, Ivory centre console and door panels. The Ivory upholstery gives the car a plush and roomier feel.
The fit and finish is excellent, the quality of plastics is top notch and it scores high on operability. The cabin retains all the small convenient features such as height adjustable seat belts, Illuminated boot and front glove-box, Retainer bands to hold things which are kept in door pockets, Coat hooks at the rear and Ticket holders.
The ingress and egress is very easy and the amount of space is good too. There is good amount of knee, shoulder, and head-room. The seats are of high quality and the cushioning and bolstering is perfect. They support you in the right places and thigh support is excellent too. Sitting 3 abreast at the back is a bit tight though.
Overall this is one of the most comfortable cabins to be in. The stowage on offer is also excellent. There are twin glove-boxes, large door pockets which hold full sized bottles, Cup-holders and lots of places to store small things. The boot is large and comes with twin level adjustment for parcel shelf which can also be folded completely. If need be then seats can also be folded to liberate more space.
Skoda Fabia Scout Interior, Comfort & Convenience features
- Chrome decor for gear-shift selector, frame of gear-shift lever, air conditioning duct sliders, locking button of hand-brake lever
- Ivory interior: dual tone Onyx/Ivory soft dashboard, Ivory centre console and door panels, Ivory upholstery
- Height adjustment for driver seat
- Height adjustable steering wheel (Rake adjustment)
- Length adjustable steering wheel (Reach adjustment)
- Ivory fabric upholstery
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Leather wrapped gear-shift selector
- Leather wrapped hand-brake lever
- Internal mechanical adjustment for external mirrors
To be continued