The much awaited Renault Duster has finally been launched today with prices starting from a very competitive Rs. 7.19 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi. The Duster is the second compact SUV to be on sale in India, the first being the Premier Rio.
The launch of the Duster is a very important event in the Indian Automobile Industry as it is the first product in the compact SUV segment from a major car maker. This segment is considered to be one the most important segments in India and the one which will be a growth driver for the industry in the future.
The Duster is a 5-seater and is branded as a compact SUV. It has a ground clearance of 205 mm which means you can drive on broken roads with ease just like the way you would in a large SUV. At the same time the Duster has a turning radius of 5.2 meters which means it will be equally easy to drive in the city. At 4315 mm in length the duster isn’t too large than a sedan but it has a width of 1822mm which makes the car very spacious for five people. Add to that a height of 1695mm and what you get is high seating position which will keep you comfy on long drives.
As reported earlier, the Duster has a 1,461 cc Diesel engine which is available in two states of tune. One which produces 85 PS at 3,750 rpm and 200Nm of torque at 1,900rpm and the second which produces 110PS of power at 3,900 rpm and 248Nm of torque at 2,250rpm. The 85PS version gets a 5-speed manual transmission whereas the 110PS version is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.
The fuel efficiency figures are 20.46kpl and 19.01kpl for the 85PS and 110PS version respectively.
The Duster also gets a petrol motor which produces 104PS of power at 5,850rpm and 145Nm of torque at 3,750rpm. The motor is a 1.6 litre unit mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and promises a fuel efficiency of 13.24 km/ltr. Renault is also offering a 2 year/80,000km extended warranty and pick and drop for servicing of the car too. The car is available in total 8 variants in 6 different colors.
The prices for different variants are as follows:
- Renault Duster RxE – Rs 7.19 lakhs
- Renault Duster RxL – Rs 8.19 lakhs
- Renault Duster RxE 85PS– Rs 7.99 lakhs
- Renault Duster RxL 85 PS – Rs 8.99 lakhs
- Renault Duster RxL 85 PS option pack – Rs 9.99 lakhs
- Renualt Duster RxL 110 PS – Rs 9.99 lakhs
- Renault Duster RxZ 110 PS – Rs 10.99 lakhs
- Renault Duster RxZ 110PS option pack – Rs 11.29 lakhs
(All Prices are ex-showroom Delhi)
The top end variant is heavily loaded and comes with the following features:
- Front and Rear AC with independent control
- Power windows
- Power steering with Tilt adjust
- Steering mounted audio and phone controls
- Key-less entry with answer back function
- Integrated audio system
- 16 inch Alloy wheels
- Dual front airbags
- ABS, EBD and brake assist
- Reverse parking sensors
- Engine immobilizer
- 8 way adjustable driver seat
- Electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors
- Rear seat centre armrest with cup holder
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob finish
- Rear 12V socket
- Height adjustable front seat belts
- Front fog lamps
- Rear defogger, rear wiper and washer
- Roof rails