The New S-Class of SUVs, Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class has now arrived for display and test drives at Counto Motors which is the authorized dealership for German luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz Goa.
Mercedes-Benz recently changed their nomenclature and the SUV’s range now get the new nomenclature with the last letter corresponding to the platform it is based on, and so the ML became the GLE, in line with the E Class platform and the upcoming GLC is in line with the C Class sedan and so the GL becomes the GLS in line with the S Class luxury sedan.
So what’s really changed on the GLS..?
The nose gets a new striking design with a new radiator grille , the bonnet is better shaped and protrudes out, new full LED and adaptive headlamps borrowed from the GLE and GLE Coupé. The side profile remains the same, while the rear gets subtle tweaks to the bumper and Full LED taillamps. The GLS sports massive 20-inch, 10-spoke light-alloy wheels that further enhance the sporty appeal of this mammoth SUV.
The interiors too have received an update in the form of a new 8.0 inch Command screen which gets Apple CarPlay for the first time and a touch pad to feed in controls, while the rest of the interior is the same as the outgoing GL.
Feature list on the new GLS includes Pananormic Sunroof, Apple CarPlay, 360 degree Camera, Park Assist, Five stage adjustable three colour ambient lighting and a brand new Dynamic select which let you select between five driving modes which include Individual, Comfort, Sport, and Slippery and off road.
Powering this massive full size SUV is the same 3.0 litre V6 powerplant developing the same amount of power 258bhp and 600 nm of torque but is now mated to a brand new 9G Tronic gearbox, which now propels the GLS from 0 – 100 kmph 0.7 seconds quicker than the outgoing GL.
The New Mercedes-Benz GLS is back with a bang and the facelift will give its rivals the Audi Q7 and the Volvo XC90 some tuff competition.
Key product features:
- 9-G TRONIC: 9-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Acceleration 0 –100 km/h in 7.8 seconds
- DYNAMIC SELECT controller with 5 modes
- Comfortable seating for 7 occupants
- Panoramic sunroof
- Full LED Headlamps with Intelligent Light System
- Adaptive highbeam Assist Plus
- 4MATIC permanent all-wheel-drive System
- AIRMATIC suspension with Adaptive Dampening System Plus
- New Generation Telematics (NTG 5*1)
- Smartphone integration with Apple CarPlay™
- COMAND Online with 8-inch high resolution media display & touchpad
- Mirror package with brand logo projection
- Memory package for driver and front passenger
- Parking package with Active Parking Assist and 360° camera
- ARTICO man-made leather upholstery
- Available in a choice of 6 Exterior Colour shades.
Mercedes-Benz Goa Prices:
|Variant name||On Road Goa|
|GLS 350D||95 lakhs|