Mercedes-Benz India will launch the monstrous G63 in the Indian market. We received this news for trusted sources who said the 2013 G-Wagon is will hit the market by end of February.
Mercedes-Benz India currently markets the G55 AMG which sells at a price tag of Rs. 1.1 crore. This model will now be replaced by the new G63 AMG.
The G63 will be powered by 6.3 AMG engine with ECO start/stop function. A new handcrafted 5.5L Direct Injection biturbo V-8 in the G63 AMG develops 544hp (400Kw)@5,500rpm and torque of 760Nm@2,000-5000 and reaches 60 in just 5.3 seconds. The engine is mated to an AMG Speedshift Plus 7G-Tronic 7-speed automatic transmission with Speedtronic cruise control
The G Class is equipped with tried and tested sophisticated four-wheel drive system, long spring travel and precise axle location of the rigid axles which can take toughest terrain in its stride. e G-Class can master gradients of up to 80 %, remains stable on transversal slopes of up to 54 % and can ford watercourses with a depth of up to 0.6 metres.
Enhanced safety and stability are provided by the Electronic Stability Program (ESP®) and Brake Assist (BAS). The G-Class is the only vehicle in the world to offer the Electronic Traction System (4ETS) as well as three fully lockable differentials.
Standard Equipment on G63 AMG (main features)
- Radiator grille with chrome highlights, plus chrome trim for gear shift lever frame, switch for seat adjustment and speaker grille surround in front doors. Luggage compartment door sill panel in chrome with ‘AMG’ lettering
- AMG bodystyling with exclusive G 63 AMG front aprons with cooling air intakes in black and AMG flared wheel arches in vehicle colour
- AMG brake calipers, painted red
- AMG door sill panels in brushed stainless steel
- AMG radiator grille with chrome trimmed double-louvre and chrome trimmed grid
- AMG sports exhaust system with two chrome-trimmed twin tailpipes, left and right
- Headlamps – bi-xenon, with automatic range adjustment and cleaning system with LED daytime running lights
- 20″ AMG alloy wheels (4) – 5-twin-spoke design, with Titanium with Grey high?sheen finish on 275/50 tyres
- AMG instrument cluster with colour display (TFT technology)
- Automatic climate control
- Dashboard – leather-covered
- Steering wheel and gear shift lever in designo Black Piano Lacquer wood trim/Black nappa leather
- Bluetooth® interface for hands-free telephony
- COMAND Online system with Media Interface
- Includes radio, single CD, 7-inch colour display, hard disk drive (HDD) navigation with 3D map display and TMC (Traffic Message Channel), Speed Limit Assist, Linguatronic voice control in centre console and in-car Internet access (Internet-enabled mobile phone required). Also includes SD memory card slot, 10 GB music register and MP3 compatibility. Media Interface allows connection and control of portable media devices (eg MP3 player, USB storage media), Cables included for aux-in, USB or iPod® connectivity
- Surround sound system – Harman Kardon® Logic 7® with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS
- 12 high-performance speakers and additional amplifier