Toyota is all set to launch the new Camry in India on the 24th of August. The 8th Gen Camry is bigger in size and will come with a host of new features. The Japanese company had showcased the new Camry at the 2012 Auto Expo. Unilke the current generation Camry which is bought in India via CKD route, the new Camry will be assembled in India at its Bangalore plant. The new Camry could be priced competitively this time as compared to the previous current generation and should be atleast 3-4 lakhs cheaper.
The Camry will continue to be offered in the petrol variant and will get a 2.5 litre engine mated to a 6 Speed A/T with sequential shit.
New Toyota Camry specifications
Engine Type Dual VVT-i Petrol, 4 Cylinder inline, 16 valve DOHC
Engine displacement 2494cc
Max Power output 181Ps (133KW) @ 6000 rpm
Max Torque output 231Nm (23.55 Kg-m) @ 4100 rpm
Transmission Type 6 Speed A/T with sequential shit
Toyota Camry Key features
- Dual Zone auto A/C with rear A/C vents
- Integrated Touchscreen with DVD,USB, Aux and Bluetooth
- Audio, MD & Bluetooth Telephone controls on steering wheel
- Smart entry system with Start/Stop push button
- HID Headlamps with Auto levelling & washers
- 6 way power driver & passenger seat
- Clearance & Back sonar (Reverse parking sensors)