The Audi A7 Sportback has been officially launched. It is a big four-door coupe type of car with a hatch, like the Porsche Panamera. The A7 will feature a lightweight body made with aluminum components and high-tech steels.
There will be a choice of four direct-injection V6 engines: the 3.0 TFSI supercharged unit producing 300 hp/440 Nm, a 2.8 FSI engine with 204 hp/280 Nm and two versions of the 3.0 TDI engine; one with 245 hp/500 Nm and another with 204 hp and 400 Nm of torque. The latter boasts amazing fuel consumption of 5.3 L/100 km while only producing 139 g/km of CO2, and is the eco champion of the range.
The engines can be had with Multitronic CVT and FWD or the seven-speed S tronic (dual-clutch) with quattro AWD. The latest quattro system has a crown-gear center differential and torque vectoring. Brake recuperation and start-stop is standard across the range.
Like Audi’s A8 flagship, the A7 Sportback also combines a new level of technical intelligence with logical, intuitive ergonomics and self-explanatory operation. The advanced MMI operating system with central menu button and reduced number of buttons comes standard, while one of the options is a new head-up display that projects the most important information on the windshield. The MMI touch system combines a hard drive navigation system with the convenience of touchpad input.
The driver can use the touchpad to perform numerous functions, such as using his or her finger to write the letters of the destination or the digits of the telephone number.
The Audi A7 Sportback
Design and body
- Elegant coupe design with four doors and a large, wide-opening luggage compartment hatch that opens and closes electrically (standard)
- 4.97 meters (16.31 ft) long; variable luggage compartment with up to 1,390 liters (49.09 cu ft) of capacity
- LED headlights optional; bi-xenon headlights and LED tail lights standard
- Lightweight body, large percentage of aluminum and high-strength steels
Interior and controls
- Elegant, modern lines, a craftsman’s level of workmanship, elegant colors and materials, novel layered wood inserts
- Start-stop button standard
- Front seats optionally with ventilation and massage function
- MMI radio operating system standard; head-up display available as an option
- Optional MMI navigation plus system with touchpad and large 8-inch display, Internet services from Google, Audi music interface and Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System
- Optional ambient lighting package with LED technology in the roof module, in the center console ringed with lights and the illuminated door sill trims
- Advanced safety and assistance systems such as Audi pre sense, adaptive cruise control with stop & go function, Audi active lane assist, night vision assistant, speed limit display and park assist system
- Highly efficient, fuel-saving climate control system
- Four V6 engines – two powerful and highly efficient gasoline and TDI units each with power ranging from 150 kW (204 hp) to 220 kW (300 hp)
- All engines with thermal management, start-stop system and energy recovery
- 3.0 TDI with 150 kW (204 hp) and multitronic (front-wheel drive) with just 139 g CO2/km (223.70 g/mile)
- Front-wheel drive with multitronic; quattro all-wheel drive combined with seven-speed S tronic
- quattro with crown-gear center differential and torque vectoring
- quattro with sport differential for the active distribution of power at the rear axle available as an option
- Sophisticated chassis construction, aluminum control arms
- Newly developed, high-efficiency electromechanical power steering
- Audi drive select assistance system comes standard
- Optionally available adaptive air suspension with controlled damping
- 18-inch to 20-inch wheels, powerful brakes