General Motors India launched the CNG version of its Chevrolet Aveo mid-size sedan. The Aveo CNG is a bi-fuel vehicle with a full-size petrol tank that is one of the most environmentally friendly cars available in India.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Slym said, “The launch of the Aveo CNG is a testament to the importance that GM India attaches to green technology and environmentally friendly mobility solutions. Its running cost is approximately 54 percent lower than a similar vehicle powered by petrol and 25 percent lower than a similar vehicle powered by diesel”
Because of the lower operating economics and the growing number of CNG stations being built across India, this new offering is expected to appeal to both individual and fleet customers. Under normal driving conditions, the Aveo CNG has a range of 180 to 200 kilometres on a full tank of CNG and is BS IV compliant.”
The Chevrolet Aveo CNG is equipped with computer-controlled CNG injection technology from Italy. In an industry first CNG kit components are fitted at the factory – including the CNG injectors, selector switch, modified wiring and suspension – to ensure high-quality and trouble-free service.
In addition, the body is reinforced to carry the additional mass of the cylinder. Sequential injection represents the most advanced level of evolution of CNG kit technology. The ECU (Electronic Controller Unit) calculates the opening times of the injectors for each cylinder and acts separately on each gas injector with the highest precision.
Aveo CNG Benefits include:
- The sequential injection kit offers precise fuel delivery control through electronic injectors, ensuring efficient combustion.
- The engine offers stable performance in CNG mode.
- The Aveo has a CNG-compatible engine. Hardened valve seats and anodized pistons are used in the proven 1.4-litre VGIS (Variable Geometry Intake System) petrol engine. This ensures no engine damage or reliability issues in CNG mode.
- Minimum service is required owing to the Aveo CNG’s advanced electronic operation.
- The suspension has been reinforced to support the additional mass of the CNG