We’ve just got a word from our Editor-in-chief, Gautam, that the Tata Safari Storme has been launched at an ex-showroom (New Delhi) price of Rs. 9.95 lakhs. The Storme is equipped with a 2.2L ‘VERiCOR’ diesel engine that produces 140 PS @ 4,000 RPM and 320 Nm @ 1,700-2,700 RPM. The 16-valve DOHC unit is mated to a 5-speed G-76 (Mark II) manual gearbox that helps the car reach 0-100 kmph in just 15.5 seconds. The Storme is available in four variants and following are their ex-showroom (New Delhi) prices:
- LX: Rs. 9.95 lakhs
- EX: Rs. 10.77 lakhs
- VX: Rs. 12.37 lakhs
- VX 4X4: Rs. 13.66 lakhs
- Music System with USB, Aux and Bluetooth Support
- Power Steering
- Power Windows with Auto-Up
- Electronically Adjustable ORVM
- Remote Central Locking
- Anti-glare rear view mirror
- Driver Seat Height and Lumbar Support
- Engine Immobilizer
- ABS with EBD
- Wood and Chrome inserts on the dashboard
- Reverse Parking Sensors
- Approach lights
- 2.2 L ‘VERiCOR’ Diesel engine
Updates from the launch
– Tata says that the 4X2 variants have an ARAI certified mileage of 14 kpl. the 4X4 is quite efficient too with a figure of 13.2 kpl.
– Tata has improved the turning circle radius of the Safari to 5.4 meters from an earlier 6 meters.
– The Safari Storme is available in 7 colors – pearl white, black, bronze, red, silver, champagne and arctic white
– Tata has worked immensely on improving the vehicle’s handling, ride quality and high-speed stability.
Tata Motors is offering a 3-years/1-lakh kms warranty on the Safari Storme, which can be extended by 1-year/50,000 kms (which ever is earlier).
– The 4WD variant is fitted with an electronic shift-on-fly mechanism with a limited slip differential. All variants come with a 200 mm ground clearance.